Are you considering Invisalign treatment to straighten your teeth? Weighing the Invisalign pros and cons? Read more below to determine if Invisalign clear aligners are right for your lifestyle. When you’re ready for the next step, contact Meschke Orthodontics today in Wichita, KS for a free Invisalign consultation.
- The clear aligners are virtually invisible compared to traditional metal braces.
- The aligners are easy to remove for easy eating, as well as optimal brushing and flossing.
- Eat and drink what you want, when you want just by removing the clear aligners.
- The clear aligners are flexible, and comfortable since they are developed specifically for your mouth.
- Fewer things to cause issues. There are no brackets to be knocked loose or poking wires.
- Invisalign can be more desirable for patients that are active in sports or playing an instrument due to less in your mouth to cause irritations
- Depending on your obedience, it might be tricky to stick to the plan. Patient compliance is critical for Invisalign to do its job! The clear aligners must be worn an average of 20-22 hours a day. Individuals need to be diligent about wearing the aligners as instructed for most of the day.
- The aligners need to be removed before meals or snacks. This provides potential to be forgotten, lost or thrown away by mistake.
- Frequent teeth cleaning – especially right after eating or snacking.
- Clear attachments or bumps are needed on some teeth to help the Invisalign Smart Track material move the teeth. This means, while less noticeable, you are not completely free of attachments on your teeth.
Learn More About Invisalign Treatment
Ready to learn more about Invisalign treatment? Contact us today for a free Invisalign consultation today!