Have questions about Invisalign? Wondering how Invisalign clear aligners work, or how effective they are at straightening teeth? Read common questions from our patients about Invisalign treatment.
Invisalign treatment uses a series of clear aligners to straighten teeth.
Absolutely! In fact you'll be able to do the following:
- Eat and drink what you want, when you want. Just take out the aligners to eat, and put them back in when you're finished.
- Remove your Invisalign clear aligners when you brush and floss, to keep gums and teeth healthy.
- It is ok to occasionally take out your Invisalign clear aligners while out with your friends and family.
- Enjoy all your favorite sports and activities just as you do now. You'll continue with your life as normal, while straightening your teeth.
- Smile and be your charming self. Since Invisalign aligners are clear, you won't need to hide your smile during treatment.
- Get in and out of appointments that work with your schedule. Most visits are as simple as a progress check every 6-10 weeks.
The Invisalign system is the nearly invisible way to straighten teeth without using braces. Invisalign uses advanced 3D computer imaging technology to plan your complete treatment from where your teeth are positioned today, to the final desired position. Once a treatment plan is developed, a series of clear aligners are custom molded to your teeth (and your teeth only) to move them little by little over time, into a perfect smile. Each set of aligners are worn for approximately one to two weeks before being replaced with the next aligner in the series. The length of treatment varies depending on your circumstances, and will be determined by Dr. Meschke.
Over 5 million patients worldwide have been treated using Invisalign. The number of smiles continues to grow daily. Meschke Orthodontics has helped many patients straighten their teeth with Invisalign in Wichita, KS and surrounding areas.
- Invisalign aligners are clear, making them virtually invisible.
- They are a perfect fit for your day-to-day lifestyle.
- Invisalign clear aligners are removable.
- Unlike braces, you have the ability to eat and drink what you want, when you want during treatment, simply by removing the aligners.
- Aligners are removed during brushing and flossing which results in better oral hygiene.
- Invisalign treatment does not use metal braces or wires that could cause irritation to your mouth.
- Appointments are every 6-10 weeks, and typically take less time in the chair.